Chicken A La King
In large skillet, cook and stir mushrooms and green pepper in butter 5 minutes. Blend in flour, salt & pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in cream, broth and reserved mushroom liquid. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in chicken and pimento; heat through. Serve hot in toast cups or party shells, 8 servings.
Heat oven to 375°.
Trim crust from thinly sliced fresh bread; spread with soft butter or margarine. Press buttered side down into muffin cups. Bake 12 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 1 (6 oz.) can Mushrooms (Reserve 1/4 Cup Liquid)
- 1/2 Cup Green Pepper, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Light Cream
- 3/4 Cup Brinkman's Chicken Broth
- 1 28 oz Can of Brinkman's Chicken, Cubed
- 1 (4 oz.) Jar Pimento, Chopped